Anyone between the ages of 16 and 18 who has a valid Class G Arizona driver’s license must abide by the following restrictions for the first six months. These include:
Passenger Restrictions—You cannot operate a motor vehicle on a public highway with more than one passenger under the age of 18 unless they are one of your siblings or a parent or legal guardian accompanies you at the time.
Hours of Operation—You are not allowed to operate a motor vehicle between the hours of 12:00 and 5:00 am. The following exceptions apply to this rule:
• You are accompanied by an individual who is at least 21 years old and holds a valid license to drive the type or class of motor vehicle being driven.
• You are driving to or from your place of employment.
• You are driving to or from a school-sponsored event.
• You are driving to or from a religious event.
• You are driving due to a family emergency.