To apply for a permit, applicants must do the following:
• You must present acceptable identification.
• You must be able to pass a written exam.
• You must be able to pass a vision-screening test
• You must provide your social security number.
• You must submit an Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship form signed by a parent, stepparent, legal guardian or a grandparent who has Power of Attorney (POA). A notary public or a driver’s license employee must verify this form.
Legal Guardian—Must present original court documents showing legal guardianship, adoption or custody.
Grandparent—Must present an original POA and a copy of the POA must be given to the DMV.