Click here to ask your driving related question.
Frequently Asked Questions - Preparing For Your CO Permit Test
- Where can I go to take my CO Permit Test?
- Is there anything I should do the night before my CO Permit Test?
- How much is the CO Permit Test cost?
- What should I do when I am ready to take my CO Permit Test?
- What should I use to study for my CO Permit Test?
- Do I have to enroll into a Driver's Ed. Class if I am under 18?
- Where can I find a copy of the CO Driver's Manual?
- Are there any chapters of the CO Driver's Manual that I can skip?
- How many questions do I have to answer correctly on the CO Permit Test to pass?
- How many questions are on the CO Permit Test typically?
You will need to take your CO Permit Test at a local Motor Vehicle office. You can find a list of available locations near you by visiting this website: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1217585327248
Don't cram the night before your exam. Instead, you should review the notes and information you have already studied. If you've done a thorough job studying, the night before should be a quiet review session. It's also a good idea to take a few practice questions on our website. Get a good night's rest as well.
A CO Permit is $14.
Once you have studied thoroughly for your CO Permit Test, you should gather the necessary documents and visit your local Motor Vehicle office to take your exam.
The best way to study for the CO Permit Test is to read the entire Colorado Driver's Manual. Additionally, you can find quiz questions on our website that can act as a supplement to the CO Driver's Manual.
If you are under 16, you will need to be enrolled in a state approved driver's education course. If you are older than 16, you may be able to forego the driver's education course if you complete a certain number of hours of supervised driving. You should contact your local Motor Vehicle office to see what options are available to you.
You can find a copy of the CO Driver's Manual by visiting your local Motor Vehicle office or by visiting this website and downloading a PDF version: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=Revenue-MV%2FR...
To have the best chance of passing your CO Permit Test, you should read the entire Manual. The Permit Test will test your knowledge of traffic safety laws, right-of-way laws, traffic signs, aggressive driving behavior, entering the expressway and many more topics that are covered in the CO Driver's Manual.
You will need to answer 80% of the questions correctly in order to pass.
The CO Permit Test consists of 25 multiple choice questions.