Click here to ask your driving related question.
Frequently Asked Questions - Preparing For Your OR Permit Test
- How much does an OR Permit cost?
- What should I do when I am ready to take my OR Permit Test?
- Where can I go to take my OR Permit Test?
- Is there anything I should do the night before my OR Permit Test?
- What should I use to study for my OR Permit Test?
- Do I have to enroll into a Driver's Ed. Class if I am under 18?
- Where can I find a copy of the OR Driver's Manual?
- Are there any chapters of the OR Driver's Manual that I can skip?
- How many questions do I have to answer correctly on the OR Permit Test to pass?
An OR permit cost $23.50.
Once you have studied thoroughly for your OR Permit Test, you should gather the necessary documents (your proof of identity, proof of your residency in the state of Oregon, proof of your legal residence in the US, your Social Security Number and proof of your enrollment in school if you are under 18), the $23.50 and visit your local DMV office to take your exam.
You will need to take your OR Permit Test at a local DMV office. Visit this website for a list of available locations near you: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/pages/offices/index.aspx
Don't cram the night before your exam. Instead, you should review the notes and information you have already studied. If you've done a thorough job studying, the night before should be a quiet review session. It's also a good idea to take a few practice questions on our website. Get a good night's rest as well.
The best way to study for the OR Permit Test is to read the entire Oregon Driver's Manual. Additionally, you can find quiz questions on our website that can act as a supplement to the OR Driver's Manual.
If you are under 18, you are required to either attend and complete a traffic safety course, where you can achieve 50 hours of supervised driving practice or you can complete 100 hours of supervised driving practice that is supervised by your licensed parent or guardian.
You can find a copy of the OR Driver's Manual by visiting your local OR DMV office or by visiting the OR DMV website and downloading a PDF version: http://www.odot.state.or.us/forms/dmv/37.pdf
To have the best chance of passing your OR Permit Test, you should read the entire Manual. The Permit Test will test your knowledge of traffic safety laws, traffic signs, signaling devices and much more topics that are covered in the OR Driver's Manual.
The OR Permit Test consists of 35 multiple choice questions. You will need to answer 28 of those 35 questions correctly in order to pass.