Click here to ask your driving related question.
Frequently Asked Questions - Taking Your WY Permit Test
- What happens if I fail my WY Permit Test?
- What happens after I pass my WY Permit Test?
- Who do I need to bring with me when I go to take my WY Permit Test?
- How much does the WY Permit Test cost?
- What do I need to know to pass my WY Permit Test?
- How many questions do I have to answer correctly on the WY Permit Test to pass?
- Is the WY Permit Test open book?
- Do I have to take a drug test to be able to take my WY Permit Test?
- At what age am I eligible to take the WY Permit Test?
- What documents do I need to bring with me when I take my WY Permit Test?
There are a few reasons, test takers fail their WY Permit Test. A test taker who fails may not have studied thoroughly. Or he or she may have been nervous, anxious and/or distracted on the day of the test. If you fail your WY Permit Test, you will not receive your WY Learner's Permit, and you will need to retake the exam. However, do not rush retaking the exam. Take your time. Read the entire WY Driver's Manual again and answer test questions on our website [link] so that the next time you take the WY Permit Test you have the best chance of passing.
If you pass your WY Permit Test, you will receive your WY Learner's Permit. If you are over 18, you can apply for your license whenever you are ready. If you are under 17, you will receive an intermediate Learner's Permit, which necessitates that you complete 50 hours of behind-the-wheel training, and in some instances you may need to take a Driver's Education course.
If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian should accompany you.
The WY Learner's Permit cost $20.
To give yourself the best chance of passing your WY Permit Test, you should read the entire Manual. The Permit Test will test your knowledge of traffic safety laws, right-of-way, hazardous situations, speed limits, backing, parking, traffic violations, road signs, and other topics that are covered in the WY Driver's Manual.
The WY Permit Test consists of 25 multiple choice questions. You will need to answer 19 of those 25 questions correctly in order to pass.
No. You are not allowed to use your WY Driver's Manual or any other study material while you take your WY Permit Test.
No. You do not have to take or pass a drug test to be able to apply or receive an WY Driver's License.
In Wyoming, the minimum age requirement is 15 years old. In some instances, if applicants demonstrate hardship, the Wyoming DOT office will accept applicants who are 14 years old.
On the day of your WY Permit Test, you will need to bring proof of your identity, your Social Security Number and two documents that prove your residency in Wyoming.