The DHSMV requires first-time license applicants to successfully complete a Traffic Law and Substance Education course from one of the approved providers:
• Florida Association of DUI Programs
• American Safety Institute, Inc.
• #1 Lowest Price Traffic School
• The Florida Virtual School
• #1 A Driver Training Associates
• First Time Driver Program
• South Florida Safety Program
• Florida Educational Driving School
• St. Petersburg College
• The American Safety Council
• I Drive Safely
• National Safety Council
• National Traffic Safety Institute
Most providers offer both classroom and Internet instruction in English and Spanish.