The State of Idaho has a graduated driver’s license program and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has the following requirements to obtain a Supervised Instruction Permit:
• You must be at least 15 years old.
• You must successfully complete an Idaho approved driver-training program.
• You must have a Liability Signer who will assume legal responsibility for you.
• You will need to submit proof of school enrollment or proof that you have completed high school.
• If you have a medical or vision condition, you will need to provide a statement from your physician verifying your ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• You will need to submit proof of age, identification and Idaho residency.
Supervised Instruction Permit holders must complete not less than six months of supervised driving time.