Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

When you apply for an instructional permit or driver’s license at an Illinois VSD office, you will be asked to provide the following documents:

• Proof of written signature
• Proof of identity
• Proof of date of birth
• Social Security number
• Proof of residence
• Submit 50-hour driving log with signature
• Submit Cooperative Driver Testing Certificate (if applicable)

Your parent or legal guardian must sign a consent form or you must submit an affidavit of their consent. Applicants between 15 and 17 will need to submit proof that they are enrolled in a driver’s education course.