The State of Minnesota has the following restrictions:
Phase I Instruction Permit—First Six Months
• You must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or designated driver who is 21 years or older at all times.
• You are prohibited from operating a motor vehicle between 12 and 5 am unless:
1. You are accompanied by a licensed driver who is 25 years or older.
2. You are traveling to or from your place of employment
3. You are traveling to or from a school event for which no transportation is available.
• You are prohibited from transporting more than one passenger under the age of 20 unless they are a member of your immediate family.
Phase II Instruction Permit—Second Six Months
• You are prohibited from transporting more than three passengers under age 20 unless they are a member of your immediate family.
Farm Work License
• You may only drive alone to perform perm work during daylight hours within 20 miles of the farmhouse and in cities with populations of less than 100,000.