Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

The Montana Department of Justice requires applicants to do the following when applying for a permit or driver’s license:

• You must fill out the license application form.

• If you are under 18, your parent, legal guardian or another responsible adult must sign the application taking full financial responsibility for any damages if you are found at fault in an auto accident.

• You must provide proof of identity, residency and authorized legal presence in the United States.

The license fees will vary depending upon your age and they range from $5.50 to $40.50.