When applying for an instruction permit or driver’s license, you will need to do the following:
• Fill out the application for a permit or license and make sure to provide your Social Security number.
• Submit the 50-hour certification form, which must be signed by your parent or legal guardian.
• If you are under 18, you must have a sponsor’s signature.
You will be required to take the road test when applying for a license. At that time you must submit proof of liability insurance and the minimum requirements include:
• $25,000 bodily injury per person
• $50,000 bodily injury per accident
• $25,000 property damage per accident
• $25,000 uninsured and underinsured individual injury coverage
• $50,000 uninsured and underinsured injury per accident coverage
• $25,000 uninsured and underinsured property damage coverage per accident
The State of North Dakota recommends carrying more than the minimum because teen drivers have a higher risk of accidents.