The State of New Hampshire does not require a learner’s permit. However, you can practice driving without a permit with the following requirements:
• You must be at least 15 years and six months old.
• You must drive with a licensed adult who is 25 years or older.
• The adult supervisor must sit in the passenger seat next to you at all times.
To obtain a New Hampshire driver’s license, you must meet the following requirements:
• You must be at least 16 years old.
• You must complete an approved driver’s education course if you are between the ages of 16 and 18.
• You must have the approval of your parent or legal guardian.
• You must be able to pass the knowledge, vision and road tests.
First-time applicants will receive a temporary license that is valid for 60 days. The permanent license will be mailed to you at the address provided.