The State of Nevada requires drivers to pass the following tests:
Knowledge (Written) Test
• The knowledge test consists of 50 multiple-choice questions based upon the information in the Nevada Drivers Handbook. You must answer 40 questions correctly to pass the test. A testing fee of $25 will be charged for the written test and initial skills test.
• You must be able to pass the vision test with a minimum acuity of 20/40 in one eye or 20/40 in both eyes with corrective lenses. If you do not meet these standards, you must have your eyes examined by an eye care professional and submit a Vision Statement to the DMV.
Road Skills Test
• You will be tested on your ability to operate a motor vehicle safely in a variety of traffic situations. The driver’s license examiner will check the following:
1. Vehicle license plates and current registration
2. Proof of insurance or financial responsibility
3. Headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals
5. Seatbelts for both the driver and examiner
7. Windshield wipers
The vehicle must be in a safe operating condition and all equipment must be in good working order, including the brakes, speedometer and muffler. There should be a safe and clean seat beside the driver for the examiner to sit in. Passengers and animals are not allowed in the vehicle during the road test. You will be tested on the following:
1. Preparing to drive
2. Vehicle control
3. Entering traffic
4. Lane use
5. Speed control
7. Parallel and diagonal parking
8. Backing up
11. Attention to traffic
Using a cell phone during the drive test will result in automatic failure.