People who have had their license suspended or revoked may apply for limited driving privileges. This allows them to drive only under certain conditions. To be eligible for limited driving privileges, you must be able to meet the following requirements.
• Proof of liability insurance
• Proof of a valid driver’s license at the time of suspension
• You need to drive to or from:
1. Your place of employment
2. Your school
3. Court-ordered community service
4. Court ordered alcohol or drug treatment program
5. For medical treatment for you or a family member
7. Court ordered treatment program
• You only have one license suspension
Since each state has different requirements, you should check with the DMV in your jurisdiction.