Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents do I need to go to the DMV?

The Arizona MVD requires you to provide two types of documents and one must contain a photo identification or you can submit three documents with no photo. All documents must be an original or a certified copy. Primary documents include the following:

• Birth certificate issued by a U.S. state or territory
• U.S. certificate of birth abroad
• An instruction permit or driver’s license that was issued in another state
• A United States passport or passport card
• A foreign passport with U.S. Visa or Visa Waiver
• Permanent resident card or resident alien card
• U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
• U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
• United States military card (active duty, reserve or retired) or U.S. military DD-214
• An Arizona identification card
• Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood
• Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affidavit of Birth

Secondary forms of identification are not required to include date of birth. These include the following:

• A driver’s license, instruction permit or identification card issued by another state or U.S. territory
• U.S. military dependent identification card
• U.S. Armed Forces driver’s license
• U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs card
• W-2 form
• Concealed weapons permit
• Professional license
• Social Security card
• School identification with photo
• Employee identification bade with photo
• Bank or credit card
• Marriage certificated issued by another state or U.S. territory
• Certified letter of identification for a ward of the court issued by a court or U.S. government agency