When preparing to take the instruction permit test, it’s recommended that you take a driver’s education course to learn the rules of the road and how to operate a motor vehicle safely. The program will cover some of the following:
• Starting the motor vehicle
• Learning how to accelerate the speed of the vehicle in a smooth and gradual manner.
• Steering the vehicle
• Scanning the road ahead for hazardous conditions
• Monitoring the speed of the vehicle
• How to stop the vehicle properly
Drivers must be alert to what is happening around them in order to avoid an accident. You will also learn about the different road signs and what each one means.