Skip to main content
Hero background

CDL Doubles and Triples Endorsement T Practice Test

Pass the CDL Doubles & Triples Endorsement Test on your very first try! Take our FREE Practice Test for the ultimate test preparation. Our practice tests have 25 multiple choice questions straight from the handbook and give immediate feedback.
Questions number
Mistakes Allowed
Passing Score

CDL Doubles/Triples “T” Endorsement Practice Test

Ready to start on a rewarding, lucrative career driving double and triple trailers? Give yourself a head start with our FREE online doubles and triples endorsement practice test! A “T” endorsement requires you to haul multiple trailers, so you’ll need to know critical safety and operation protocols, including coupling procedures, handling wide-angled turns, and more. This free online “T” endorsement practice test is specific to these topics, offering the most accurate questions and answers straight from the most recent CDL laws and guidelines passed by the FMCSA.

Our free doubles/triples CDL endorsement practice test includes 25 multiple-choice questions, just like the format of your DMV’s CDL endorsement test. You’ll get detailed explanations with each answer and instant results as you progress through the test. A review at the end shows you any questions you missed, along with their answers and explanations, so you have a starting point for your next study session. Come back and retake this practice test as many times as you need to track your improvement and judge when you’re ready for your endorsement exam!

CDL Doubles/Triples “T” Endorsement Practice Test FAQs:

Why do I need a CDL doubles and triples endorsement?

You need a doubles and triples “T” endorsement to drive a semi-truck with two or three trailers attached to a single tractor.

How do I get a “T” endorsement on my commercial driver’s license?

To get a “T” endorsement on your CDL, you’ll need to pass both the written general CDL knowledge test and a second knowledge test for the “T” endorsement. In addition to the written exams, you must also pass a behind-the-wheel road test and pre-trip inspection to demonstrate that you know how to safely operate a vehicle hauling double or triple trailers.

Is the doubles and triples endorsement test the same as the CDL test?

The doubles and triples endorsement test is a separate exam from the general CDL knowledge test.  You will need to pass both exams to earn your commercial driver permit, followed by your full CDL.


A combination vehicle has two air lines: the emergency line and ______.
  • Safety line.
  • Service Line.
  • Park line.
  • Brake line.
A good general rule for drivers of combination vehicles: you should follow at least 1 second for each _______ ft. of your vehicle length.
  • 10
  • 5
  • 4
  • 2
  • 20
As you park your combination vehicle make sure to use the hand valve when?
  • Only on busy streets.
  • As you are backing up.
  • Never.
  • Mostly when you're parking on a downgrade.
If you need to make an emergency stop, you should brake so that you can ________.
  • Use the hand brake first.
  • Stay in a straight line and still be able to steer.
  • Use the full power of the brakes and lock them.
  • Ignore other drivers.
If you unlock the pintle hook with the dolly still under the rear trailer the dolly tow bar may fly up. This is dangerous because ________.
  • The tractor will always spin wildly out of control.
  • This is a trick question. It isn't dangerous to unlock the pintle hook with the dolly still under the rear trailer.
  • This may cause injury and make recoupling difficult.
  • None of the listed answers.