In the State of Connecticut you must meet the following requirements to obtain a learner’s permit:
• Be between the ages of 16 and 17.
• Have permission from your parents or legal guardian or provide a notarized consent form.
• Present the documents required by the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
• Pay the testing fee of $40 in cash, personal check, bank check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card and most debt cards are accepted (third-party checks and checks drawn on a foreign bank are not acceptable and cash is not accepted at License Centers for security reasons).
• Pay the permit fee of $19 (test and permit fees must be made in two separate payments).
You do not need a learner’s permit to practice driving if you are 18 or older.