The State of Connecticut has the following restrictions that apply to 16 and 17 year-old drivers:
You must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or qualified trainer at all times.
Driver’s License Passenger Restrictions
For the first six months, you may only drive with the following people:
• A licensed driving instructor
• A person who is at least 20 years old and has had a driver’s license for four consecutive years
• Your parents or legal guardian who has a valid driver’s license
For the remaining six months, you can also drive with immediate family members.
Driver’s License Curfew Restrictions
You are not allowed to drive between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am unless it is for one of the following reasons:
• You are driving to or from you place of employment.
• You are driving to or from school or school-sponsored event.
• You are driving to or from a religious event.
• You are driving due to a medical emergency.
Driver’s License Cell Phone Restrictions
You are prohibited from using any type of mobile electronic device while driving until age 18, including a hands-free device.