The State of Delaware has the following restrictions for a Level One Learner’s Permit holder:
• The permit must be in your possession when operating a motor vehicle.
• A licensed instructor must accompany you during the first year of driving.
• Your supervisor must be a licensed parent, legal guardian or a licensed driver approved by your sponsor who is 25 years or older and has had a Class D license for five years.
• You are not allowed to drive between 10 pm and 6 am unless:
o You are going to or coming from your place of employment
o You are going to or coming from a school activity held on school property
o You are going to or coming from a church activity
• You can only drive with the supervisor and one passenger.
• Seat belts must be worn at all times.
• You can drive at night without a supervisor after six months but with only one passenger.
• Passenger limit does not apply to members of your immediate family if an adult supervisor is in the vehicle.
• You are not allowed to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle.
If you violate any of the above restrictions, the DMV will suspend your learner’s permit for two months for a first offense and four months for each subsequent offense.