Click here to ask your driving related question.
Frequently Asked Questions - Taking Your DE Permit Test
- What happens after I pass my DE Permit Test?
- What happens if I fail my DE Permit Test?
- What do I need to know to pass my DE Permit Test?
- How many questions do I have to answer correctly on the DE Permit Test to pass?
- Is the DE Permit Test open book?
- Do I have to take a drug test to be able to take my DE Permit Test?
- At what age am I eligible to take the DE Permit Test?
- What documents do I need to bring with me when I take my DE Permit Test?
- Who do I need to bring with me when I go to take my DE Permit Test?
- How much does a Delaware Driver's License cost?
If you pass your DE Permit Test, you will receive your DE Learner's Permit. If you are over 18, you will need to wait ten days before you can take your DE Driving Exam. If you are under 18, if you maintain your permit for 12 months and attain no violations, you permit will automatically become a valid license.
There are a few reasons, test takers fail their DE Permit Test. A test taker who fails may not have studied thoroughly. Or he or she may have been nervous, anxious and/or distracted on the day of the test. If you fail your DE Permit Test, you will not receive your DE Learner's Permit, and you will need to retake the exam. You will be able to do so after ten days have passed, however, do not rush retaking the exam. Take your time. Read the entire DE Driver's Manual again and answer test questions on our website [link] so that the next time you take the DE Permit Test you have the best chance of passing.
To give yourself the best chance of passing your DE Permit Test, you should read the entire Manual. The Permit Test will test your knowledge of traffic safety laws, drinking and driving laws, overtaking vehicles, speed limits, traffic violations, entering intersections, road signs, and other topics that are covered in the DE Driver's Manual.
The DE Permit Test consists of 25 multiple choice questions. You will need to answer 19 of those 25 questions correctly in order to pass.
No. You are not allowed to use your DE Driver's Manual or any other study material while you take your DE Permit Test.
No. You do not have to take or pass a drug test to be able to apply or receive an DE Driver's License.
In Delaware, the minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
On the day of your DE Permit Test, you will need to bring proof of your identity, two documents that prove your residency in Delaware and your Social Security Number. If you have completed your Driver's Education course, you should bring a Driver's Education Certificate.
If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian should accompany you as they will need to sign your application.
A five-year Delaware license cost $25, an 8-year license cost $40.