Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To SD Or Just Visiting

If you are not a SD resident, you can drive with your out-of-country license for ninety days, after which you will need to obtain a SD Driver's License. Question Category
As long as you do not become a SD resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
If your license is still valid, you do not have to take the SD Driving Exam. You will need to replace your out-of-state license with a South Dakota Driver's License within ninety days.
Yes. Out-of-state permits are recognized and valid in South Dakota. You will need to follow the laws of the home/issuing state.