The State of Florida has a graduated driver’s license program with the following requirements:
• You must be at least 15 years old.
• You must provide proof that you have completed a Traffic Law and Substance Education course (TLSAE). If you have never held a regular driver’s license in any country, state or jurisdiction.
• You must submit a Parental Consent Form that must be signed in the presence of a driver’s license examiner or submit a notarized form if your parent or legal guardian is not present at the time. Stepparents are not authorized to sign the form unless they have legally adopted you.
• You must be between the ages of 16 and 17 years old.
• You must have held a Learner’s License for at least a year without any traffic convictions.
• You must submit a Florida Learner’s License or a valid license from another country, state or jurisdiction.
• Your parent or legal guardian must certify that you have completed at minimum of 50 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction and 10 hours must be completed at night.