Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

When you go to the Hawaii driver license station, fill out an application for a type 3 (car) instruction permit. You will need to bring the following items with you:

• Valid photo identification
• Your original Social Security card
• An original or certified copy of your birth certificate

If you pass both the written test and eye test, you will be given a type 3 permit.