The instruction permit and provisional license restrictions are outlined below:
Instruction Permit Restrictions
• You must be supervised at all times by a person who is 21 years or older and has a valid driver’s license.
• If you are driving between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• You must hold your instruction permit for 180 days before being eligible to take the road test.
Provisional License Restrictions
• Only one passenger under 18 can accompany you in the vehicle. This does not apply if your parent or guardian is also in the vehicle or the minors are your siblings.
• If you are driving between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian unless one of the following applies:
• You are driving to or from a school sanctioned event. You are required to have a signed statement from your parent or guardian with the parent’s name, address and telephone number with a verification of the necessity to drive to and from the school event.
• You are driving to or from your place of employment. You must have a signed statement from your employer with the employer’s name, address and telephone number with a verification of work hours listed on the statement.
• Any traffic citations received during this time will result in your license being suspended or even revoked for up to one year.