• You must be at least 16 years old.
• You must be able to pass both written exams.
• You must be able to pass a vision-screening exam.
• You must present your Social Security card and birth certificate at the Kentucky Division of Driver Licensing (DDL).
• Your parent or legal guardian must sign the Driver License/Identification Card application form if under 18.
• You must submit a School Compliance Verification form from your school districted if under 18.
All applications must be filled out in the Office of the Circuit Clerk in the county where you reside. Instruction permits are valid for three years.