The State of Louisiana has the following requirements for applicants who want to obtain a Class E Instruction Permit:
• You must be at least 15 years old.
• You must successfully complete 38 hours of an approved driver’s education course.
• You must submit an original or certified copy of your birth certificate.
• You must provide your Social Security card at the Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV).
• You must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian who will be asked to provide a valid photo identification.
• You must be able to pass the written and vision tests.
The fee for a learner’s permit is typically $24.50 with a parish fee not to exceed $3.