To apply for a driver’s license, you must meet the following requirements:
Class E Learner’s License
• You must be 17 years or older.
• Submit proof that you have completed a 36-hour driver’s education course or a six-hour pre-licensing course.
• You must pass the written and vision tests.
• A licensed driver must accompany you at all times.
Class E Intermediate License
• You must be at least 16 years or older.
• Your parent or legal guardian must submit a signed statement verifying that you have completed a minimum of 50 hours of behind-the-wheel driving with 15 hours done at night.
• You must have held your instruction permit for at least 180 days.
• You must be accompanied by a licensed parent, guardian or another adult who is 21 years or older when driving between 11 pm and 5 am.