To obtain a Junior Operator’s License (JOL), you must meet the following requirements:
• You are between the ages of 16 and a half and 18 years old.
• You must have held a learner’s permit for at least six months.
• You must be able to pass a road skills test.
• You must have completed an approved driver’s education program.
• You must have a clean driving record for a minimum of six consecutive months prior to taking the road skills test.
A clean driving records means that you have not been charged with a moving violation, found to be at fault for an auto accident or had your learner’s permit suspended for alcohol or drug related convictions.