Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

When applying for a learner’s permit or driver’s license, you will need to do the following:

• Provide proof of age, identity, lawful presence, residency and Social Security number.
• Applicants under 16 must submit a Learner’s Permit School Attendance Certification (DL-300 form).
• Applicants under 18 must have a parent, legal guardian or an adult employer co-sign the permit application.
• Submit cash or check payable to the MVA for the permit fee or provide a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).

In addition you must report any serious medical condition to the MVA’s Medical Advisory Board.