The State of Missouri has the following restrictions:
Instruction Permit Age 15
• You are only allowed to practice driving with a parent, legal guardian or qualified driving instructor. If your parent, legal guardian, stepparent or grandparent is physically disabled, he or she may designate up to two people to provide behind-the-wheel instruction. Once you have turned 16, you can drive while accompanied by a person who is 21 years old and has a valid driver’s license.
Intermediate License Age 16
• You may practice driving with a parent, legal guardian, driving instructor or any licensed driver who is 21 years or older.
• For the first six months, you cannot drive with more than one passenger under the age of 19 unless they are a member of your immediate family.
• After the first six months, you cannot drive with more than three passengers under the age of 19 unless they are a member of your immediate family.
• You are prohibited from driving between 1 am and 5 am unless:
1. You are driving to or from a school activity.
2. You are driving to or from your place of employment.
3. You are driving due to an emergency situation.
4. You are accompanied by a licensed driver over the age of 21.