The State of Mississippi has the following requirements for obtaining a Learner’s Permit:
• You must be at least 15 years old.
• You must hold the permit for at least one year before taking the driving test.
• You must show proof that you are enrolled in school by submitting a signed Certification of School Attendance form.
• You must pass both the written and eye exams.
• You must pay the fee of $4 in cash.
Applicants can apply for a temporary learner’s permit at age 14 if you are enrolled in a high school driver’s education course. This type of permit is only valid while operating a driver’s education vehicle when accompanied by an instructor.