Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What driver’s education is required?

A Traffic Education Learner’s Permit will be issued under the following conditions:

• You are at least 14 years and 6 months old and have successfully completed or are currently participating in a state-approved driver’s education course.

• You can only operate a motor vehicle when accompanied by a state-approved instructor, licensed parent or legal guardian.

You can apply for a Montana Learner’s Permit once you turn 15 years of age.