Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

When applying for a learner’s permit or driver’s license, you will need to do the following:

• Submit a Driving Eligibility Certificate, high school diploma or its equivalent if you are under 18. The certificate must be signed by your school administrator certifying that you are currently enrolled in high school.
• Your parent or legal guardian must sign the application.
• You must pay the appropriate permit or license fee in cash, check or money order.

The DMV will revoke the license of anyone under 18 if it receives notice that the person is no longer eligible for a Driving Eligibility Certificate.