When applying for a permit or license in New Jersey, you must do the following:
• Fill out the application for a permit or license.
• Your instructor must purchase the Student Learner’s Permit.
• You must present a completed consent from signed by a parent or legal guardian if under 18.
• You must provide full name, current address, Social Security number and 6-Point ID verification.
• You must pay the appropriate permit or license fee.
All permit and probationary drivers must have a red reflective decal on both the front and rear license plates of the vehicle.