Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What driver’s education is required?

Before you can make a road test appointment with the DMV, you must do the following:

• Complete an approved pre-licensing safe driving course to obtain an MV-278 Pre-Licensing Course Completion Certificate, or

• Complete a high school or college driver education course to obtain an MV-285 Driver Education Certificate.

The MV-278 Certificate is valid for one year from the date issued. The MV-285 Certificate is valid for two years after the date issued.