The State of North Dakota requires drivers to pass the following tests:
• The written exam consists of multiple-choice questions based upon the rules and regulations contained in the NDDOT Rules of the Road manual. You must correctly 20 out of 25 questions in order to pass the test.
• You must be able to pass the vision test with an acuity of 20/40 in both eyes without using corrective lenses. The minimum visual field requirement is 105 degrees. If your vision is 20/50 or worse in both eyes without glasses, you will be referred to a vision specialist.
• During the road test, the examiner will be grading on your ability to obey road signs and the traffic laws. You will be asked to perform some of the following maneuvers:
1. Perform safe left and right hand turns
2. Make a three-point turn
3. Properly signaling for lane changes
4. Yielding the right-of-way
5. Approaching an intersection
6. Backing up the vehicle
7. Making quick stops
8. Parallel parking
Your vehicle must have current registration and you will need to show proof of insurance. Pets and passengers are not allowed in the vehicle during the road test.