To obtain a restricted license or unrestricted license in North Dakota, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• You must be between 14 and 16 years old.
• You must have held a Learner’s Permit for at least six months.
• You must complete at least 30 hours of behind-the-wheel practice driving.
• You must complete a driver’s education class if you are under 16 before taking the road test.
• You must be able to pass the road test.
• You must be at least 18 years old.
• You must have held an instruction permit or restricted license for at least six months.
• You must not have been convicted of any traffic violations in the North Dakota Vehicle Code.
• You must not have been in a motor vehicle accident at which you were at fault.
• You must have completed a state-approved driver’s training course.