Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

If you are under the age of 18, the application for an instruction permit or driver’s license must be signed by at least one of the following adults:

• One biological parent if they are married to the other biological parent
• Both biological parents if they are not married to one another but have joint custody
• One biological parent if he or she has sole custody

If neither parent is living, the application must be signed by one of the following:

• A legal guardian
• A foster parent
• The minor’s employer

All signatures must be witnessed by either an Arizona MVD agent or a notary public. The applicant must provide legal proof that his or her parents are deceased.