Few people actually enjoy taking tests. For most, test taking is just an uncomfortable necessity. When it comes to attaining a driver�۪s license, testing helps officers and clerks at the DMV determine whether or not you have the skills and understanding to safely and legally operate a motor vehicle. While it might seem like an annoyance to review your state�۪s driving handbook and take a DMV practice test, there are some ways to make studying for your driver�۪s license renewal test fun.
Fun Ways to Study Alone
- Play some groovy tunes on your MP3 player to help you get in the study zone.
- Reward yourself with healthy snacks such as dried fruit, nuts or fresh veggies.
- Surround yourself with fun study tools like colorful highlighters, a favorite notebook or a designer pen.
- Break up your study time by scheduling interesting activities such as watching a favorite TV show.
- Make up songs, riddles and rhymes to help you remember the material.
- Make flashcards.
- Use creative mnemonic devices to help you remember key points.
Fun Ways to Study with a Buddy
- Quiz each other.
- Make up a skit or play together that explores safe driving techniques.
- Compete with one another to get the best score on a DMV practice test.
- Take a video of each other explaining different points from the state driving handbook.
Just Have Fun
Remember that every experience in life is what you make of it. Sometimes, the best way to meet a challenge is by relaxing and having fun. When you relax, you often are able to perform better at a task. Once you�۪ve conquered the state driving handbook and successfully completed a DMV practice test or two, you�۪ll be ready to walk confidently into the DMV and renew your driver�۪s license.