A tank trailer with baffles helps to control ________.
- The weight of the vehicle.
- Liquid movement from side to side.
- Liquid movement from front to back.
- None of the listed answers.
Because of a liquid tanker's high center of gravity and liquid surge, you should approach curves by ______.
- Speeding up before the curve, then accelerate even more through the curve.
- Slowing down before the curves, then accelerating slightly through the curve.
- Speed up before the curve, then decelerate slightly through the curve.
- Slow down before the curve, then decelerating even more through the curve.
Because tanks have a higher center of gravity, you should _________.
- Take highway curves and on ramp/ off ramp curves well below the posted speeds.
- Never use your brakes.
- Drive straight through your journey without stopping.
- Not drive onto or off ramp curves.
Hauling liquids in tanks require special skills because ________.
- Liquid is significantly heavier than solids.
- High center of gravity and liquid's movement.
- Tanks that carry liquids have more controls.
- Low center of gravity.
How does liquid surge affect the handling of a tanker?
- The surge lets you turn corners more easily.
- The surge can move the tank in the direction the liquid waves move.
- Liquid surge doesn't affect the handling of a tanker.
- The surge can help the tank decelerate.