Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

Applicants will need to do the following at the DMV when applying for a learner’s permit:

• Complete a driver’s license application, which is available at any Delaware DMV office. Drivers who are under 18 must apply for a Class D license. This will allow you to drive a car, pick-up truck, station wagon and van. The vehicle must weigh less than 26,000 pounds when loaded.

• Your sponsor must sign the application in the presence of a DMV official or have their signature notarized on the application.

• Pay an application fee of $25 which will cover you through the graduated license program.

Remember that your sponsor can withdraw his or her endorsement at any time during the 12-month period that you have your permit. If they choose to withdraw their signature, you will not be eligible to obtain a Class D operator’s license.