Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If I'm Moving to Arizona or Just Visiting?

To be able to drive in Arizona with your out-of-country license you must not be working in Arizona, registered to vote in Arizona, staying in Arizona for more than 7 months, and you must not own a business based in Arizona. Question Category
No. AZ will not recognize your out-of-state learner's permit. You will have to apply for an AZ Permit.
If you are a visitor over 18 with a valid driver's license from your home state, you may drive in AZ for as long as you like without obtaining a Arizona Driver's License. However, if you are between 16-18 years old then you may only drive with your out-of-state license for 10 days. After 10 days, you must have a AZ driver's license or a Nonresident Minor's Certificate, which is issued by the MVD office) with proof of financial responsibility.
The answer to this question varies. Usually, individuals who have moved to AZ and possess a valid out-of-state driver's license do not have to take the AZ Written Test or the AZ Driving Exam, but you should visit this website for more information about whether those exams will be necessary for you: