Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To MA Or Just Visiting

Yes. MA will recognize valid out-of-state permits, but if you plan to become a resident you will need to convert your current permit to a MA permit for $30. If you are under 18, you must provide your Social Security Number, your valid and current out-of-state permit, a certified copy of your current driving record, a document that demonstrates your date of birth and an application signed by your parent or legal guardian.
As long as you do not become a MA resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
You are allowed to drive with your out-of-country license for up to 1 year as long as your out-of-country license is valid. Question Category
No. You do not have to pass the MA road test as long as you possess a valid out-of-state driver's license. You must surrender your previous license and pay the fee of $125 to convert your license.