Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To North Carolina (Or Just Visiting)

You may use your out-of-country license for up to one year. After that year, you will need to apply for a NC Driver's License, following the necessary steps. You can find more information about this by visiting the official North Carolina DMV office: Category
When you move to NC from another state, you are allowed to use your out-of-state license for 60 days. Eventually, before or after this 60 day period expires, you will need to pass a vision test and a NC written road sign test to be able to receive a NC license.
If you become a NC resident, you will be able to replace your out-of-state permit with a NC Permit. If you are under 18, you will still need to take a NC Driver's Education course.
If you do not plan to become a NC resident, you are allowed to drive in North Carolina with an out-of-state license for as long as you like. If you are planning to become a NC resident, you are only allowed to drive with your out-of-state license for, at maximum, 60 days.