Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To RI Or Just Visiting

Yes. Out-of-state Learner's Permit are recognized in RI. You will need to follow the laws of the issuing state.
As long as you do not become a RI resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
Yes. You are allowed to drive in Rhode Island with a valid out-of-country license if you will only be in Rhode Island temporarily. You should obtain an International Learner's Permit. If you will be in Rhode Island for a year or more, or if you become a Rhode Island resident, you will need to obtain a RI Driver's License.Question Category
Typically, if your out-of-state license is still valid, you do not have to take the RI Driving Exam. You will need to replace your out-of-state license with a RI License.