Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To WA Or Just Visiting

If your license is still valid, you do not have to take the WA Driving Exam. After you have moved to Washington, you will have 30 days to replace your out-of-state license with a WA Driver's License.
Yes. Washington will recognize your out-of-state permit as long as it is still valid. While driving you should follow the laws of Washington state and you should be accompanied by a licensed driver who is 21 years old or older whenever you are behind the wheel.
As long as you do not become a WA resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.