Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

When applying for an instruction permit or driver’s license, you must do the following:

• Fill out an application for an Instruction Permit, Intermediate License or Full License.
• Submit a Driver Examination Record (Form DOR-100), which is proof that you have passed the written tests.
• Submit proof of identity, residency, lawful presence and Social Security number or letter of ineligibility.
• If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign a permission form.

Once you have filled out all of the required paperwork, you must pay the appropriate license fee.