Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

When applying for an instruction permit or driver’s license, you will need to do the following:

• Fill out the application for an instruction permit or driver license.
• You must submit proof of enrollment in a traffic safety course if you are under 15 years and 6 months old.
• You must submit an Affidavit of Parental Authorization if under 18.
• Pay the appropriate testing fees, permit fee or license fees.

You can pay the fees in cash, check, MasterCard, American Express and some Visa debit cards (excluding licensing offices at Coulee Dam, Davenport, Friday Harbor, Forks, Goldendale, Newport, Republic or South Bend). A service fee will be added to all transactions paid with a credit or debit card.