The State of Washington has the following requirements to obtain an Intermediate License:
• You must be at least 16 years old.
• Your must hold an instruction permit for at least six months before applying for an intermediate license.
• You must complete at least 50 hours of supervised driving, and 10 of these must happen at night.
• You must have proof of completing an approved traffic safety course.
• You must have a completed Parental Authorization Affidavit and your parents must provide proof of their identity and relationship to you if you are under 18.
• You must not have been convicted of a traffic offense within the six months before applying for an intermediate license.
• You must not have any traffic tickets pending when you apply.
• You must not have committed or been convicted of any offense involving the use of alcohol or drugs.
• You must be able to pass the driving skills test.
• You must pay the license fee of $20 which includes the fee for one knowledge test or driving test.